It has been almost 2 weeks since I wrote Beginner Blogger 1. Since then I have bought myself an e-course, a paid WordPress theme, and have been making lots of changes to my blog. I have also signed up for 3 affiliate programs. Not to mention making lots of changes to my blog in terms of appearance. Not a bad progress in 2 weeks I reckon 🙂
Alright, so you guys probably would want to know which e-course I bought. It’s ” Launch Your Blog “y Create and Go, Alex & Lauren. Is it useful? Well, not too bad I reckon. As this is my second attempt at starting my own blog, I think I have done half of what the course teaches. But I still learned quite a few things from them. This e-course definitely helped me in terms of choosing the most versatile, flexible theme for my wWordpress and many terminologies that I think I need to know as a blogger. They also teach me on how to choose topics to write. I think this is a very important one, and their advice is really good. You can apply their advice to ALL niches. I am now at 81% completion, so hopefully there’s more for me to learn with the other 19%. As recommended by this course, I purchased the paid WordPress theme – the X theme. I have gone through some researches on this theme, and it’s really good. It comes with lots of useful, paid plugin and it was on a 40% special! The support team is awesome, and that’s what you want. Trust me, having a great support team will really help you along the way as you customized your blog to your liking, adding more contents and shift things around.
As recommended by this course, I purchased the paid WordPress theme – the X theme. I have gone through some researches on this theme, and it’s really good. It comes with lots of useful, paid plugin and it was on a 40% special! The support team is awesome, and that’s what you want. Trust me, having a great support team will really help you along the way as you customized your blog to your liking, adding more contents and shift things around.
I have also been looking for advertisers and affiliate programs to monetize my blog. As I am just starting out on this blog, my plan is to join as many affiliate programs as possible, then display advertisements on my site. This is the first step. Next is to get traffic into my blog. So let’s do one thing at a time so that I don’t feel overwhelmed. Right now I am still at stage one – looking/joining affiliate program, and refining my blog in terms of appearance and adding more contents. In my opinions, if your blog looks lousy with little contents, no one is going to visit.
Many of you are like me, blogging is not our main job. We have a 9-5 job, kids to juggle, not to mention the husband, house chores, the dog etc. I know that you’re feeling overwhelming. Me too. During this 2 weeks, I have been busier than before, and there were nights where I was just too tired to do anything on my blog, zero progress nights. But that’s OK. Blogging is my supplementary career, one that comes after my job and my family. Before I can finally monetize it and make descent income out of it, it’s never going to be my first priority. You might feel the same too. So I just want to reassure you that it’s perfectly fine if you missed a day or two working on your blog. But don’t make it an excuse to be lazy. Always motivate yourself, don’t just wish for it, WORK for it.
That’s all for today guys. Will catch up on my progress in a couple of weeks.
Lots of love,